Always keep in mind that a web based business is far superior to a “brick and mortar” business in terms of reach and effectiveness. If you have taken a decision to build an online business you will have to approach it just as you approach any other business. You should not expect immediate returns and be prepared for the long haul. The key to
success in the online world is patience and constant innovation.
Individuals can register themselves on internet job boards like Guru.com, Elance.com and based on their skill sets bid for projects for IT company web design that they feel they can execute. Clients evaluate each bid carefully and after a thorough scrutiny of all the bids, the selected bidder is given the green signal to execute the project. Payments are safe since an escrow arrangement is established between the client and the bidder with the help of the host website which acts as an intermediary. Once the work is complete, the host website releases the payment to the bidder after deducting a small fee
from the total payout.
Align Yourself with Advertising Networks
• These systems require users to create a web page of their own and then register that web page with their chosen network. Based on the content of each web page, the network will serve contextual ads relevant to that web page and users get to earn a small amount of money for every click.
• The revenue users get depends upon the general traffic levels of the website and the niche it caters to. It means that if a web page is related to verticals like mortgages, online degrees, home improvement and financial products then the chances of its success will be higher.
• However, users need to spend a significant amount of time in making the website popular amongst their friends, colleagues, neighbors and relatives to achieve a critical mass of visitors. Popular advertising networks include Google AdSense, Yahoo publisher network, Bidvertiser, Chitika etc.
• Similar revenue generating methods include CPM advertising networks where users are paid according to the number of page views/impressions that the ads displayed on their site will generate.
• Direct banner advertising, selling or renting the internal pages are some of the ways by which users can monetize their online real estate. All these methods prove useful when only when a website has very high number of visitors. Only then will advertisers find value in placing their ads on your website.
Use a “Donate” Button on Your Website
Placing a donate link or button on a website can be a great revenue generating mechanism. Especially if your blog is a personal development or productivity blog where users learn and gain value from content. One good example of this being Steve Pavlina’s blog. If you are an expert in IT company website design, you can do this easily.
Under affiliate marketing, merchants permit their affiliates to sell their products or services directly or indirectly on the internet. This is done by directing more and more visitors to the merchant’s website. Affiliates get a small commission for each sale that occurs when a visitor from his site purchases the product or service. This kind of marketing is very popular for marketing products like Viagra which users are reluctant to buy over the counter at medical stores. Popular affiliate networks include Click Bank, Link share, Azoogle ads, Commission Junction etc.